Riley and I are back on the road. We departed PA last Sunday heading towards Kill Devil Hills with a couple stops along the way. First was Richmond, VA, where we met CF member 1harleydeb. A sweet lady who has one of the most interesting jobs I have ever heard of. She is intricately involved with families and foster children. There have to be some tough times there, and some immensely satisfying times, too. Kudos to you, Deb.
Yes I got Rex out, for it was 60-something degrees and sunny in Richmond. YEAH!
Our next stop was back at the Tobacco Farm Camp near Henderson, NC. There are new folk art pieces on the property and here are a couple photos. While there, Riley and I (yes, I took some home for him) had a great Carolina BBQ dinner with Carrie57 (a CF member whom I met last year) and her friend Dave. Those of you who have followed this blog will remember the Story Stick that originated from the Tobacco Farm. I finally was able to get Carrie to sign it.
![]() |
| Yes the Moon was really there. |
As of this writing we are near Kill Devil Hills, NC. Riley and I will be heading to the Wright Brothers Memorial by Monday. Expect a blog from the ‘Boy’ soon on that trip. We will be relaxing this weekend watching playoff football, walking in the woods, and maybe sighting a bear. I gotta remember to bring the big gun (lens) with me on those excursions.
Speaking of Riley, he is certainly a happy camper again. Our daily walks find him in great spirits and with a lot of bounce in his trot. I really wish I could let him run off the leash till his heart’s content but I fear he would be very difficult to wrangle back into the RV.






No comments:
Post a Comment