Monday, January 23, 2012

Gloomy skys but still there are images


Since deciding to extend more time here in Kill Devil Hills the weather has not been cooperating for photographs. For three days it has been heavy overcast with a lot of rain albeit warm. And the wind, I see now why Orville and Wilbur chose this place to learn how to fly. Riley and I did a recon on Sunday of a beach at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Jockey’sRidge State Park. There are many opportunities for great photos in these two places.

During our recon I noticed some beautiful patterns in the sand on one beach and just had to record them, poor light be damned. Humbly I offer my interpretations.

The forecast is good for Tuesday and Wednesday. My list of locations is chosen and the image recording apparatus is ready. Stay tuned… 
Too beautiful to turn into firewood.

Patterns in the sand.
Took only photographs, left only footprints.


Shower Tower.

Under the Boardwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment