Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another gift from Mother Nature

Please bear with me folks as this post is to be un-edited by my very capable editor (also my Daughter) because I wanted to get them up immediately.

Riley and I just returned from our morning walk when I spied the neighbors looking in the woods behind their site. Pointing out to me the fawn that was resting at the base of a tree about twenty yards up the slight hill. Quickly I grabbed my big gun (no I didn't shoot it in that sense, my big gun is the 200mm lens on my D200) and SLOWLY made my way towards it. This young-un must have been tired for it let me get to within 10 yards of it. It only then ran away when several others came as close as I was. Here is the series...

Gee am I tired.

Hey who are you? Gettin a bit close aren't ya?

OK, Time for me to Go.

   
See ya later folks, I'm Outta Here.....
Sorry for the blurry last two for I didn't reset my camera for the action.

Since I put Bambi up I might as well add some of the artsy scenes all within fifty to 250 yards of our site. Please enjoy.

Practically my back yard.


Early Morning on a small hill.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mike...what a beautiful fawn. Where was his/her mother? I really enjoy hearing about your adventures and seeing your pictures. Stay safe...Debbie

    ReplyDelete