On the advice of Tanya, a local grocery store cashier, I tried a local diner called 'Sumptin Difernt' for what she reported to be great chicken fried steak. For those sadly unfamiliar with this southern/western delicacy, chicken fried steak is just as its name implies: steak, battered and pan-fried as you would chicken.
Let me tell you, it was good. Real steak (sometimes they use ground meat – a no-no) fried just right. Add to that white gravy, a side of homemade mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, and Texas toast. Mmmmm, that is real Po People food. Thanks Tanya.
The weather was so beautiful today that Riley and I cruised in Mack, top down and doors off, to downtown Galveston for a photo recon. A plan is loosely in place for the serious artsy photo session. I think Sunday morning just after sunrise will be best. While on this recon I saw some old industrial machinery standing in the middle of a large field. As I walked around it, Riley started his low growl and progressed into barking at the decaying machinery. I mentioned before that is his response to things he does not understand. Good boy Riley. You protected us.
Speaking of my friend and guardian Riley, he is a bit confused and probably wondering why we have not done our daily two-mile jaunts through the park since Friday. Last Thursday I felt really good and decided to increase our walk to three miles. For that bit of enthusiasm I now have a nasty (is there any other kind?) blister on my left foot. Don't worry my pup; we will be back at it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment