Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A ride along the Natchez Trace...

We spent another great five days in Mississippi. This time at Natchez State Park. A beautiful park on the west side of the state. The walk road was great, more hills that at Paul B Johnson so it took a little more effort but still thoroughly enjoyable. There was one big difference there and it could be good or bad depending on your point of view. There was very intermittent cell signal and in my case I use a cell modem so I could not do very much on the internet. It was fine for voice but very bad for data. But I would go back.

The Natchez Trace Parkway is a beautiful, pleasant road to ride. Not quite as challenging as I like but very relaxing. Here are a couple photographic reports from my ride there.

Now we are in Texas. Roz, needs some maintenance. A minor roof leak has been bugging me, I want to replace the kitchen faucet, install a new awning, and re-engineer my computer mounting system. Plus my Jeep (Mack) is to undergo exploration surgery to see if he is restore-able. I plan to use my nephew Don for assistance on a couple of these projects.

I also have many CycleFish friends in Texas and hope to break bread and guzzle grog with them. MMmmm Texas BBQ!

C'mon man, I wanna go for a walk!

One of our walking routes. Life is good!
Spring has arrived along the Natchez Trace.
Stand back view of a dead oak
Not sure if I will keep the added moon in this one.


Close up view of the same oak.
Even in death it gives life.

No comments:

Post a Comment