It has been great here in Hattiesburg, [Mississippi?]. I had several scrumptious meals with friends (and many thanks to Mary, Ben and Nancy for taking the time to hang with me), Riley got to take long walks every day, and I recorded some great images. So nice I could easily stay but the heat and humidity of the central Gulf region is beginning to show itself. Those who know me know how I hate heat and humidity.
This Old Road Dog has gotta head west, with a couple stops along the way. Next up is Natchez, MS. It is a short day of traveling and we will be there. Last year when I went through Natchez I stumbled upon the Natchez Trace Parkway http://www.nps.gov/ natr/index.htm. The short distance I traversed the parkway back then made me promise to come back this time with Rex. I am hoping for some good weather and an all-day ride, and some good ride scenery photos.
Here are a couple parting shots from Paul B. Johnson State Park, the most beautiful park I have been lucky enough to stay in.
![]() |
| Ben, Nancy, Mary. My friends and my friend Jo's family. |
![]() |
| Spring is here...seen on our daily walk. And big, those azaleas are 3 1/2" across. |
![]() |
| Another view from our daily walk. |
![]() |
| Re-posting my personal favorite photo from this time here. |




No comments:
Post a Comment