Friday, January 27, 2012

And the sun came out...

To my very good Artist friend Emily, I must once again say thanks for telling me of these places. Without that advice I would have missed this beauty.

Waking up early after an often interupted night of sleep I almost decided not to take the ride to Hatteras National Seashore. I was moving slow but after my third cup of go juice I uncovered Rex for the short run down the island. While Rex was warming up Riley took me for his first (although short) walk.

The sky was clear and the Sun felt warm as Rex transported me to that place I always go to when riding on two wheels. On my MP3 I opened my 'bike road songs' list and pushed random. This group of songs was specifically chosen for the 'feel good' vibes that exit the speakers. First up was "Happy Organ" by Dave Baby Cortez. It set the mood for this ride. Absa-tivly and posa-lutly a good beginning.

The parking lot at Coquina Beach was empty, and this is good for I will have the beach to myself with no people to get in my scenes. Here are some select images from that very photograph-able place and one from my visit to the Wright Brother's National Memorial a few days ago. 


The first scene I came upon.

Early morning is the time for this place, so many textures and shapes, all carved by Mother Nature.

2 comments: