I knew Wyoming would be nice, and I felt that the Rendezvous would be great, but I must say that Wyoming has exceeded every one of my expectations, by a large margin. As for riding, I could wish for more turns and twisties but overall it is good, the scenery is great and the people are friendly, courteous and outgoing.
![]() |
| Sunset not fifty yards from our site. |
Attending the Rendezvous was the fulfillment of a fifteen-year dream. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Photo ops abounded, informational lectures on how the Mountain Men and Plains Indians existed, nee thrived, were fascinating. The large contribution made by the Mountain Men and their families to this dream we call America is sadly unknown to many, but no longer to this traveler.
I stopped at the Museum of the Mountain Men today to drop off some Cds of images for them. Viola, more photo ops.
![]() |
| Tipi Skeleton. Like the trees that make up the poles they will be recovered next spring. |
![]() |
| A true replica of a winter shelter used by the Mountain Men. |
Friday we will be heading towards Utah, but there is a place about ninety miles from here that may delay our arrival in Salt Lake City. Fossil Butte National Monument, Wyoming looks very interesting. We will check it out and maybe spend one more evening in Wyoming. Imagine that, one fossil looking at other fossils.
Today I took a pleasant ride on the east side of Pinedale to the Wind River Range Mountains. The road was empty and the scenery beautiful. Along the road were thousands of boulders strewn everywhere. Evidently deposits from glaciers. Here are some of the vistas I saw.
![]() |
| The Road to Fremont Lake. |
![]() |
| Glacier strewn boulders and tree. |
![]() |
| Fremont Lake viewed from lakeside. |
![]() |
| Fremont Lake viewed from about 8000 feet. |
![]() |
| Wildflowers. |
![]() |
| Another view of Fremont Lake from about 8000 feet. |
![]() |
| Wind River Range Mountains from 9400 feet. I am glad Rex could breathe better than me up there. Look at the ruggedness of this range and try to imagine traversing it with horse and wagon. |










No comments:
Post a Comment