Wow, the weather gods must be angry with me. I guess payback is due for all of my bragging about a warm winter we had in south Texas. I diligently watched the weather reports for southeastern PA for the last month before leaving. Most of the lows were in the low 40s with modest highs. Snow seemed to be but a memory. So much for that.
Ever since we arrived it has been cold and wet or raining. This morning we awoke to an inch of snow — not much by some standards, but for a non-winter RV it is not good. More snow is predicted for tonight and tomorrow’s low is expected to be near 20 degrees. And topping that off, as I type this, we are having winter thunderstorms this evening. I am really glad the propane tank was filled before we parked. At least we are warm inside Roz so far.
My apologies to all of you PA people; I didn't mean for this to happen, honest.
Adding to the weather troubles, Roz has developed a universal joint problem that needs immediate repair. Therefore she is not moving for anything but a trip to good old Millevoi Brothers Goodyear. Art and Mark Millevoi are personal friends of mine, have a great bunch of mechanics (for fear of omission I won't list names), and they get the dubious honor of doing all repairs I cannot do. I hope we can get there without incident by Friday.
OK, enough complaining. There is plenty good that is happening. We are parked at my daughter's place and we get to see Jen, Joe and Izabelle, and Riley gets to hang with Ivy and Monkey (their dog and cat). Plus, as mentioned in the previous postings here, I did see other family and friends. So life is good but just a little chilly right now.
There was one RV life lesson I learned on the way here from Texas. It happened in Alabama on one of those thumpity-thumpity-thump concrete highways. It went on for at least 40 miles and I could find no speed that was comfortable. So here is the lesson: When we parked for the night and I opened the refrigerator and discovered that my whole milk (Mikey don't do no 2%) was cottage cheese and my half and half was butter. Maybe I embellished a bit there, but that’s what I expected to find.
Closing for now, I will say we are anticipating the arrival of the newest 'wee Lass Sweeney' , warmer weather and our first ride of 2011 on Rex.
No comments:
Post a Comment