Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A little about Riley

The weather is finally warming a bit here in PA but there is wet snow forecast for this afternoon. Hopefully I can get Rex this weekend.

Now about Riley. Yesterday I drove Roz to Delaware for a planning session with my friend John for the major reconstruction of my mobile office. John's bulldog Bella, and Riley would most likely not get along at all so I had to leave Riley in the good care of Jen and Joe. I discovered, more than once, that I missed my buddy riding shotgun. He has been my almost constant companion for the last five months and it felt wrong traveling without him. For the second half of the journey I had (only distantly and somewhat selfishly) considered leaving him home to allow me to spend a lot of time riding Rex. Well that isn't going to happen! I will gladly limit my day rides to have my best four legged friend with me.

Also this morning on his first walk around the yard he saw a yellow school bus and got very excited. I assume remembering his good friends the girls from Texas. He had a disappointed look on his face when it drove away and no one got off. So Jeanette, Salena, Chasity, and Deborah he misses you all.

And  'Sula, he read your email and promises to catch you the next time you come down the sliding board. And he asked if you can get some beef flavored bubbles for him to chase.

1 comment: