Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Texas BBQ

Todays culinary delight has been long anticipated. Brisket and sausage smoked for eight hours over oak and mesquite with a perfect home-made BBQ sauce. MMmmm and I mean MMmmmm.
My nephew Don did himself proud by creating the sauce and tending the smoker all day. It was delicious. Add to that some home-made pinto beans and potato salad. And there will be leftover brisket sandwiches for tomorrow.

  
Hot out of the smoker.


My first platter, the second was almost as big.

While Don was so hard working I took the four girls on a short off-road jaunt in Mack. We found some puddles and a few jumps. They loved it. Mack got a bit dirty but hey, he is a Jeep CJ. They should get dirty once in a while.
Just a little dirt.
Looking like a 28 year old Jeep should.

Earlier in the day I took a ride to downtown Nacogdoches. It is a quaint little center of town, and has at least six art galleries. But sadly like most of small town America not much else. I was hoping for better light conditions but no matter here are some photos. And Jen and Bill, I can not find any songs with the name in them, either lyrics or title. but I have not given up looking.
Interesting corner building. Would be a great restaurant place.
More of the Town Square.

Another lost American Icon. Small town theater now closed.  

2 comments:

  1. That brisket looks abso bloomin lutely gorgeous. The cinema also reminds me of our local Rex cinema (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat, I will definitely be posting some photos and more stories soon. Now if this cold wet would end.

    ReplyDelete