Friday, February 4, 2011

I spoke too soon

Well I have been talking about how warm it has been here in South Texas. Not right now. It didn't get above freezing yesterday and the wind was brutal. This is going to last for about three days. Sleet and freezing rain today. The local news for Houston is ONLY about how the traffic is at a standstill. It is nothing like the winter weather everyone else has but is a really a big event here. Our daily walks are postponed for the duration. We did the 'french toast' supermarket run before this all happened plus filled the propane tank so we are warm inside Roz.

I am really glad the Mack water pump problems happened when it was warm. My boy Riley is getting frustrated and needs to get out. He doesn't understand why we are restricted. He definitely loves it colder.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, the dreaded "french toast" supermarket run! did you remember to stock up on rock salt and shovels too??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Rock salt, and the clerks don't know what a snow shovel is... Ha

    ReplyDelete