Sunday, February 6, 2011

Signs of Spring and a small Natural Wonder

Today on our walk in the park we came upon one of the sure signs of spring. A dandelion in bloom. WOW. The short winter freeze is just a memory now. Here is photographic proof (sorry for the quality but I used my cell phone for this photo).

I saw something lightly amazing to me on the walk. A small finch type bird flew into a thick holly bush and exited the other side of the bush. With no apparent loss of speed. I mean this little bird flew in and within 1 second came out the other side. WOW. How did it navigate that thick brush?

Riley and I are gonna do the American Male thing and watch the Superbowl today. I expect the Packers to prevail but it can go either way. Hopefully it will be a good game. Dinner is planned for halftime, a nice looking T-bone, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad with peach cobbler for desert. MMmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment