Friday, January 21, 2011

There’s a Moon Out Tonight (or Go to the Beach and Get Mooned)


The beach near the graffiti forest is fascinating to me. After looking at the sunset, moonrise (full) and tide tables, I formulated a photo safari plan. On Wednesday the 19th they would all fall within two hours of each other. Now if only the weather would cooperate.

The day arrived and the weather was good — a blue sky with a few clouds. Perfect. I arrived a couple of hours early to allow myself ample time to pick the vantage point for the anticipated full moon rise.

Perched in the best location, all I had to do now was wait. I bided time by scanning the beach, looking for other macro vistas to record. This ever-changing landscape didn’t disappoint me. There were many.

As it was nearing the time for the moon to show, some heavy clouds moved in. Damn, this is going to mess it all up, I thought. The photo gods must have seen this and helped out a bit. Within a few moments the oppressing clouds moved on and the sky was again as I wanted it to be.

I realize you may be getting a bit tired of sand and surf photos, but humbly I offer a few more for you to see. The next photo endeavor will be in the city of Galveston, sans sand, maybe.




Rivulets in the sand
  
Footprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment