The old girl was having some difficulty with a badly corroded and leaking hot water heater. There was a constant drip coming from under the heater. I am grateful it only leaked to the outside, and did not soak the carpet. I’m even more grateful we still had hot water.
A phone call to the local RV parts place began an exercise in futility that finally ended well. I won’t go into details, but an inept parts clerk delayed me in getting a new unit for a week. Finally, the new unit arrived.
The installation was for the most part uneventful, although my lack of experience no doubt tripled the installation time. The operation was a complete success and we have plenty of hot water and no drips. Cool, err, hot damn. After the maintenance duties were done I could go on photo op recon patrols without worrying about the leak getting worse.
While on one of these recon missions along the Galveston Seawall, with my Cyclefish friend Kelly, an ex-Philly guy stopped to talk with us. His name is Jim Gibson and his relatives now live in South Jersey. He is a retired police chief from a suburb of Houston and now lives in Las Cruces, NM. He also has a classic car business in New Mexico. I have added it to my list of places to see. We reminisced about all things Philly, especially cheesesteaks. Mmm, cheesesteaks. It was great talking with you Jim.
Traveling the only road that parallels the Gulf in search of scenic vistas, I was getting frustrated. There was nothing but nice, albeit very plain beaches. Finally — eureka! — I found a fantastic group of cement pilings on the beach about 20 miles south of Galveston. I have nicknamed it the “Cement Graffiti Forest.” I humbly post a couple from my first stop there. I have plans to go back at sunrise, sunset, and high tide as soon as the sky is right for the photos I want.Oh and to get there I have to drive on the beach, here is a photo of a warning sign I think is in error.
I am also excited to try some urban street fine art photography in the downtown area of Galveston. The town is crammed with interesting buildings and streets I want to photograph. This will be a departure from my normal genre of photography thus doubling my excitement. Stay tuned for those images.








No comments:
Post a Comment