HAPPY BIRTHDAY WADE!! I Miss YOU!
![]() |
| Wade Craney, my Grandson |
Now for the Caffeine story...
I have been remiss with an overdue thank you. When I was back in PA my daily caffeine fix was provided by Melitta coffee. I have been a staunch user of their premium coffees since the early ‘80s, gladly paying the premium price for what I consider to be the best coffee on the supermarket shelf.
I have been remiss with an overdue thank you. When I was back in PA my daily caffeine fix was provided by Melitta coffee. I have been a staunch user of their premium coffees since the early ‘80s, gladly paying the premium price for what I consider to be the best coffee on the supermarket shelf.
While traveling through North Carolina I was unable to find Melitta in the local stores so I sent the company an e-mail asking what chain of markets carried their great coffee along my general route. Without my asking, the Melitta representative asked me for a mailing address where they could send me some. They also asked for my preferred blend. WOW! That’s cool, I thought. A few days later my sister Alicia told me a package arrived. We were still a couple of weeks away from Texas at that time so I asked her to just hold it until we got there.
When she handed me the large box I thought, “This can't be from Melitta. It is too big for a can of coffee.” To my very great surprise, it was from Melitta and there were seven cans of my favorite European Roast coffee inside. Big corporations do not often do this and I am impressed. I will be enjoying your gracious gift for quite some time. When my current stock is exhausted you can be sure I will always buy your coffee when I can find it and multiple cans when I do. THANK YOU MELITTA!
I have not done much photography recently but I am working on a few locations and ideas. One thing Galveston has is beaches so expect some photos with a lot of sand. One session I did was an old Ford F-6 flatbed truck, with another old Ford cab on the flatbed. My guess is late ‘50s or early ‘60s vintage. If you could see all the photos I took you would notice there is no cancer, just surface rust. That was when trucks were truly made of steel, thick steel. It was sitting alongside the highway and begged to be recorded. Here are some from that session.
![]() |
| Brown Velvet |
![]() |
| Yellow Fender |
![]() |
| Nosy |





STUNNING photo, and the boy too!!! thanks dad, that just brought tears to my eyes.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy, I thought you saw that photo before. It is one I took last summer at the T ball games. He is going to be a heart breaker.
ReplyDeleteHe most certainly is gonna be a heart breaker - what a handsome lad. And as ever what stunning pics Mike. Keep em coming
ReplyDeleteHugs (o: