Thursday, December 2, 2010

We've moved...

Preferring US highways to interstates we routed our selves through mid-south Mississippi. Our travel day was good. I love going through small town America. On the advice of my good friend Jo and her mother, Mary, we stopped near Hattiesburg. This State Park we are in is beautiful as you can see from the photos and so far no damned sand spurs. Thanks Jo and Mary!
'Twas a bit chilly last night, it got down to 36 degrees. Today has turned out perfect, upper sixties and sunny.
Our Front Yard
 
Playing Tug with Riley in the back yard.
 
My Boy Riley 'On Duty.'



We are within 50 yards of a lake and I am going to enjoy photographing here. I have already done a few and posted them. The plan for tomorrow is to get up before sunrise for some misty sunrise images on the lake. Today while on a grocery recon mission I saw a run down drive-in movie theater, expect some photos from there too. We may stay a day or two extra.

Also tomorrow I will meet with Jo's Mom and possibly her Father for lunch. I understand there are some 'good eatin' places here. MMMmmmm.

My editor / daughter is on vacation so you will have to struggle through my grammatical and punctuation errors. She offered to still help but I am not going to bother her.

Some artsy images...
Needles and Stalk

Discovered why I have to take my allergy meds.

1 comment:

  1. Mike...Its great reading your journey, you have me searching maps and wanting to follow, and my wife searching my wallet and wanting me to stay...Keep safe, mo chara (irish for friend)

    ReplyDelete