Sunday, November 7, 2010

Peach-Butter Pizza

Thursday, we have heavy rain here today, no nasties just a lot of wet. Our daily walk was short today because I hate wet dogs in the house, especially this small house. Riley was disappointed but understanding I think. Rain does not bother him in the least; actually I think he likes it. I got to do one of my favorite rainy day things today. I sat under the awning, having coffee and my peach-butter pizza for breakfast as I listened to the gentle tap tap tap of rain on the canvas.. So you say 'I never heard of peach-butter pizza', well let me ‘splain it to you.

Anyone who knows me is aware that my favorite fruit is peaches, almost to an obsession. My good friends, Jonnie and Alien thoughtfully put a jar of Peach-butter (like apple-butter but peaches) in the care package they gave me before I left. I have some good flat bread that I lightly toast in the oven; then I smear a generous amount of the peach-butter on it. And a very important step in the process is, I slice it in wedges like a pizza, eight slices if I am hungry and six if not so hungry. HA HA! Thus the name.  MMMmmmm peaches….

Tomorrow will be a photo day. Carrie is going to be my tour guide through this area. There should be a few photos to see from that endeavor. Looking forward to it. Then on Saturday we head to the coast.

2 comments:

  1. I guess Riley is having a great time. I miss you a lot Grampop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike, you'll have to get Riley a poncho for those rainy days!
    Then he can have his walk and you can have your dry dog!
    Happy trails! Jo

    ReplyDelete