I have been blessed with a great family and many good friends. A twinge of guilt intermingled with some sadness resides in me. For I will be leaving all of them behind while I (somewhat selfishly) Scratch this Itch. I will miss everyone immensely, especially the shining stars in my sky, 'Sula, Sophie, Wade, Henry and Isabelle, and the newest yet to be named. Please know my grand-children, when I gaze in wonderment at the night sky, far from cities light pollution, I will be seeing you. Whenever I see Mars and the moon I will see dear Sophie. If I chance to see a shooting star I will surely be reminded of all of you running and laughing. Not forgetting the parents who brought these joys to my life, Amy and Frank, Jeff, Lauren, Jen and Austin, Joe and Gretchen, Jen and Joe,. And my other family members and good friends, I will miss them too. There will be no further naming for fear of omitting someone whom I dearly love. You know who you are and how important your friendship is to me. Separation from all of you is the only negative feeling I have, and it is a large negative, in a very positive experience soon to commence. Riley and I will return to a semi-rooted lifestyle after this journey, but we will probably begin plans for the next one.. This urge I have to travel must be genetic. It is becoming a desire I am unable control and it must be sated. Quoting Skynyrd, “ I was born a travelin' man .”
So, to ease the goodbyes and the keep-in-touches we are getting together to celebrate this friendship. There will be a party, a camp out, cook out, beer wine and whiskey drinking extravaganza. Hopefully no local constables. Mother Nature's weather makers are cooperating and it is going to be great. It was a GREAT NIGHT!
No comments:
Post a Comment