When I brought Roz home for the first time it was dark and I put her to bed in the driveway. The next morning when I opened the living room curtains and Riley saw her he started to growl, then excitedly and defensively bark, very loud. You see my furry buddy reacts in fear and with defense at things he does not understand. So from his perspective there was this strange beast in the drive. After attaching the leash to his collar we walked out to greet our new rolling protector. Riley approached gingerly at first, with a low rumbling growl and sniffed her all over. Tires, grill, doors, and everything else he could reach. With him now satisfied that there was no cause for concern I opened the door and ushered him in. He sniffed the carpet a bit, walked to the bedroom in the back and immediately jumped on the bed. Lying there with his head up looking at me as if to say. 'OK Dad, we can keep her but this is gonna be my sleep spot.' “OK Riley” I said, “we'll see about that.”

No comments:
Post a Comment