Thursday, September 23, 2010

Adopting Rocinante

I decided not to get a perfect RV so as to somewhat match the namesake Rocinante.


There were many candidates interviewed for the position of Rocinante. Some were outright disasters that I would not let a rabid dog sleep in, some were way too prissy and expensive, some were behemoths far too big for me to handle. The one chosen was just about perfect considering price and condition. We got a great value for the money. She was won at an Ebay auction which was exciting right up to the last minute. I pulled out some old Ebay bidding skills of mine and was victorious. Hooray!! Fortunately she was close to me so I had the opportunity to inspect her before bidding. I will add that I met a very interesting couple. John and Debbie were the former owners and a very amicable couple they are. After my preliminary inspection and listening to John describe their road trip with her I knew she was the one to take us on this odyssey. I felt very comfortable and genuinely knew that John was totally honest and probably really wanted to keep her. The first full day of inspecting her systems and such proved to be both fun and rewarding. She is in even better condition than expected. Not perfect mind you but very serviceable and road worthy. We will be spending many memorable hours together and hopefully none of them along the side of the road unless we are admiring the scenery. Now the apprehension is subsiding and the excitement is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment