Sunday, August 14, 2011

Moai in Moab?


Were the Easter Island people in Utah? Did they live here first? There is irrefutable proof. Mr. von Däniken, you fool, where are you? Ha. I just love when people put all kinds of fantastic theories of the ancients and space travelers together. Well it does sell books. Riding on one of the Arches roads I saw this Moai. Awesome!

And this Moai is facing the general direction of Easter Island.
How much more proof do you need? HA!

This trip into Arches was to the famous North and South Window Arch formation. Rex, what a trusty steed he is, took me in the cool of the morning to our destination. When I arrived, I saw only one car in the parking area. Great, I thought, no “tourists” to get in the way of some great images. Near sunset yesterday, however, the lot was packed and all types of people were running around. I’ve included a photo of what the occupants of that one car were doing.
What the other people were doing. Something you Should Not!

It is a short hike to the views and well worth it. Even better is the modest, primitive loop trail (1.25 miles) that takes you around the back. Near the “windows” there is another fantastic ‘Double Arch.’ This photographer thinks Double Arch is the most spectacular, being the highest and second widest in the park.

North (lt) and South (rt) Arches viewed from west.

South (lt) and North (rt) Arches viewed from east.

Double Arch. Simply AWESOME!

Following the trail markers or self portrait (kinda).

Sunset view of Turret Arch (middle) and LaSal Mountains.

Ever since it was pointed out to me that the night photo in the previous entry has an alligator head in it I have been seeing all kinds of animal shapes. So far I have spotted an elephant, a parent bird feeding fledglings, the Moai, and even Underdog. Yeah, that’s right, “There’s no need to fear, Underdog is here.”

Do you see Underdog's head?
Pull back view of Double Arch.
Do you see the prehistoric bird head on left?
And one photo from a previous evening. The Arch View RV park has a horse rental stable attached. Here are some riders returning at sunset. This view is from my lawn chair as I enjoyed an evening smoke and Jack.
That blue haze is actually dust, not mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment