Besides trying to spoil my grandchildren, what did I do for these two months? Let's see: I bailed Rex out of his hibernation; rebuilt the RV office; obtained a trailer/garage for Rex and fitted it for him; overhauled Roz's brakes; hung out with friends both from my former employment and got some good old riding time with the Moosechoppers; kicked some butt at pool; and generally enjoyed life. Riley saw the vet and got a new pedicure, much to his disagreement. Ya don't mess with the boy’s feet.
We will be “On the Road Again” Wednesday the 18th, and will be heading west to California and to the Redwood Run in June. We will make stops in Ohio and Iowa for visits with some CycleFish friends and maybe other places. We have three weeks to get there and plan on enjoying the trip.
I am going out on a limb here and will attempt to tell everyone by name how much I enjoyed my time with them. I have been blessed with great family and friends, and Riley and I had the pleasure of sharing time with them.
Let's start with family, including children, in-laws, grandchildren, sister and niece. Now these are in no particular order: Amy, Frank, 'Sula and Wade; Jeff and Henry; Jen, Austin and Orlagh; Joe and Gretchen; Jenn (yeah, I have two daughters named Jenn), Joe and Izabelle; Lisa, Ed and Melissa.
THANK YOU, my family for your love and sharing. You know how much I love you all!
Friends: Craig, Jonnie, Jacky, Bob, Arlene, John, Lynne, Rye, Tanna, Kiara, Ridge, Art, Mark, Andy, Bill, Napoleon, Jim, Milo, John, Kit, Josie, Ted, Ryan, Jessica, Heather, Sierra, Courtney, Bobbi, Scott, Kristi, Scott, Emily, Erin, Patrick. Thank you friends for the love and good times we shared.
And there are some extra special thanks I must give. To these fine people I am seriously indebted:
THANK YOU, John and Lynne. John and I spent four days converting the office. Without John's skill and Lynne’s fine meals the job would no doubt still be in progress. I think she is trying to fatten me up.
THANK YOU, Craig and Jonnie. Having your driveway for some of the trailer work and the first Roz brake job was a great help. Once more, I had many fine meals from Jonnie. I think she, too, is trying to fatten me up.
THANK YOU, Rye and Tanna. Without Rye's help, getting a trailer for Rex would have been much more difficult as would the major fitment work to allow Rex to travel securely.
THANK YOU, Jenn and Joe. Allowing us to upset your lives while Riley and I camped in your yard. It was a big relief.
THANK YOU, Millevoi Brothers, Art and Mark, plus all the mechanics, Andy (who recently graduated to a Harley), Bill, Jim, Napoleon, and Milo. Without your skill and patience Roz and Rex's trailer would not be ready for the next phase of our journey.
Mike
![]() |
| Office 1.0 The first hastily prepared office. |
![]() |
| Stripped all that was unnecessary. |
![]() |
| In progress, it had to be built in place. |
![]() |
| Office 2.0 Much nicer and more functional. |
![]() |
| Rex's rolling garage. |
![]() |
| ...the motorcycles were nestled, all snug in their bed...(sorry Clement Moore) |






No comments:
Post a Comment