Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hanging near Galveston, TX.

The last time I rambled here I mentioned Mack is in need of some maintenance and I want to do repairs/modifications to Roz. That all went well. Mack is breathing a lot better since he has the new carburetor, and Roz's plumbing the leak is fixed.

It was nice to spend two weeks at my sister’s house. Riley and I used Roz as the portable guest room since the house was full and that is how we want it anyway. The daily suppers started to spoil me. Don is a great cook and all of the meals I had were very good. The down side to that is now Riley and I have to up our walks to 2 miles per day. Thanks Don & Marie!

I really enjoyed being the grand-uncle who spoils the kids. The girls are very sweet, and affectionate. Riley loved them too. He had somebody besides me to play with. They are Jeanette, Chasity (that is the correct spelling), Salena, and Deborah. In an effort to repay their hospitality I offered to do a group portrait of the girls. Here they are.

Salena - Deborah - Jeanette - Chasity

The ride to Hitchcock, TX, which is about 9 miles from Galveston, was easy albeit a bit hectic near Houston. Think I-95 from Baltimore to DC. It is a nice, warm and mostly sunny place. We found a small and quiet RV park and are going to enjoy it for a while.

On our walk this morning I noticed flowers blooming on some bushes. I have no idea what they are but flowers blooming in December rates 8 on the “WOW-Things I have seen” scale. Photos are here for you plus one of our newest residence.






Christmas is two days away and Riley and I are planning a modest feast. More later as the menu isn’t absolutely decided yet. I am also looking forward to my ‘skype’ calls to ‘Sula and Wade.

No comments:

Post a Comment