Do Do Doo Do, Do Do Doo Do, think Twilight Zone.
Something strange happened this morning and I mean strange. I use an “Uninterruptable Power Supply” for my computers. Basically, it is a large, battery-powered AC supply to keep my AC clean and allows me to shut down properly in the event of power loss. It will beep when the AC input is low or gone. At 5:45 this morning I was awakened by that loss of power alarm. I looked out the window to see if the RV park was dark but the park lights were on. Hmmmm.
OK, I thought, maybe it is just low power. I got out of bed and fumbled to find my glasses in the dark and read the voltage display. It indicated no input. Side note: Roz’s hot-water tank is leaking externally (waiting for new to arrive at the local RV repair shop) and I wondered if maybe the heating element shorted. Could it be a tripped main breaker?
I pulled on my T-shirt and cut off shorts and stumbled outside to check the breaker panel. Here is the strange part: my AC cable was unplugged. That is a 30-amp heavy cable and not easily unplugged. So how did it become unplugged? I decided to continue the investigation at daylight. I plugged that large connector back in (it took a definite effort to insert it in the receptacle) and all is fine now.
The daylight investigation showed nothing. I even took Riley near the AC panel and no smell was of interest to him so it remains a mystery. For now…
ahhh... a haunted RV park.... sounds more like Halloween then Christmas. Be safe!
ReplyDelete