Levere, Steven and I had dinner at the local pub/restaurant Puccini’s. We had a great meal; my wood-fired meat lover pizza was excellent. We were treated to ghost stories from the waitress and barmaid — and it wasn’t a rehearsed spiel for the tourist. The restaurant is reputed to be haunted. In fact, it has been investigated by City Lights Paranormal Society of Easton, PA. Levere gave me this report on the investigation.
Personally, I am neither a believer nor a disbeliever. Ghosts can be real, even if they are just in your mind.
After dinner we said farewell but promised to meet again. Thanks Levere and Steven! You two definitely started me off right on this journey.
Friday was to be a travel day, heading to North Carolina. In an attempt to be ready to leave at first light, Roz (the name I have given my RV) was prepped and ready the night before. All that was left for the AM was to make coffee and hook Mack (my Jeep) to Roz’s bumper. Oh, and dump the holding tanks. I was a little hesitant about leaving this beautiful park but it was beginning to get cooler and we needed to head for warmer places.
The trip was pretty much uneventful. We traveled 300 plus miles (about as far as I want to go on a daily basis) on interstate and US highways, with special effort to avoid the DC area of I-95. Anyone who has ever driven in the highways around the capital knows why. Halfway there I received e-mail confirmation that the RV camp I wanted to go to accepted my reservation. (Ya gotta love technology!) Great, now we have a place to stay. A friend from Cyclefish, “Carrie1957”, recommended this place to me. Thanks Carrie!
Tobacco Farm Camp, had to be tailor made for me. Quiet, rustic and very reasonable. It is an old tobacco farm where the main house is a bed and breakfast and the out buildings were converted to RV sites. I will take a lot of photos here you can bet. The place is run by a very nice lady who is not afraid of big dogs like Riley. She walked right up to him and gave him a pat on the head. He liked her too. Dogs can read people, I sincerely believe.
I am going to meet up with Carrie, and later hopefully with another Cyclefish member, Stephanie Britt, who is just 50 or so miles away. I think I’ll spend a week here. More to come…


No comments:
Post a Comment